Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 66

    Day three - First real work day

    September 28, 2020 in New Zealand ⋅ ⛅ 13 °C

    So today was the ultimate test of how well we can work in the same hotel room. It was a bit of a brutal week to start this exercise as there is currently a three hour time difference with Australia not changing over to daylight saving till next week. We thought we would get some exercise in early before our Melbourne colleagues woke up. Great plan but after 20 mins waiting for a lift we gave up and started work. As there are only 2 lifts for us interns to use we can’t share with anyone, we have to wait a long time. This could be a taste of our office return when it finally happens. Attention to our Aussie office buddies!

    We tried again an hour later but as it was Covid testing day it was hopeless and we returned to our room again. We got a knock on the door just before lunch asking to come down for testing. They were very quick and it was not too bad. I had the extra privilege of having to have both nostrils swapped as they couldn’t get deep enough in the first one. Not sure when we will get the results back.

    It was a little weird having our first meetings of the day while our lunch was being delivered. The day went well and we only had two meetings where one of us had to be in the bathroom. The last meeting of the day finished at 7.10pm but this will get better next week when Australia heads into daylight saving time.

    We are getting used to our exercise pattern doing the same laps of the terrace. Regan upped the anti adding a skipping session to the running. I just stuck to the walking and did some exercises back in the room.

    The food was good again today although I did have a fail with the coconut porridge, Thank goodness for the Countdown delivery. In the lunch bag today there was a puzzle sheet which was a lovely touch from the team looking after us. The day went very quickly which was excellent.
    Read more