Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Housekeeping Day

    July 5, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 12 °C

    A real treat for us to be in the same place for 2 nights running. This was important as we had a few maintenance tasks after the Birdsville track shook us to pieces. We got off lightly compared to some people. Our damage list included.......solar not charging due to a wire fallen out, car not charging the caravan- not fixed yet, water heater not working properly due to suspected dust in the gas jet- working sporadically, fly screen door catch broken - not fixed yet, cold water pipe joiner split from a rock - I think I have repaired it. Will update tomorrow. And we have lost our connector to the tap to fill our water tanks. All this takes time which included a trip to the hardware store to meet others who are worse off than me. That place is a goldmine when caravan owners arrive.

    We are camped about 1.2km from town with less people camped around us compared to last night. A nice walk into town to the hardware store, bakery for the famous pies, then the pub to stock up. We only bought 2 bottles of wine in the end as there was little choice.

    The queue for the people to get into town for fuel was about 1km long when we walked back at midday. I was so pleased I had dragged myself out of bed at 7am to get diesel with no queue. Birdsville is not a place to get away from people when the Bash is on.

    We were invited out tonight for a drink around the camp fire with 3 couples and kids that we have been following and meeting for the last 5 days. We will travel to the Bash tomorrow as a convoy and camp together which gives us all a lot of common space. Will be fun for sure.
    Read more