Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 35

    Katherine Day2

    July 31, 2021 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 27 °C

    Our second day in Katherine greeted us with the same heat as yesterday. We can see why people flock here in the dry season as each day is the same weather. Hot and dry. An early start before the heat with a quick plumbing repair on the caravan then onto the bikes for a circuit along the river trail. Julie copped a puncture so a quick pump of the tyre then home fast to repair. By then the temperature was 31 so time to relax and read a book.

    We wandered down to Katherine Springs which is only about 400 metres from the camp and lazed in the warm water for an hour or so before heading into town for an iced coffee/chocolate. Sadly the only place open was Maccas but they had aircon and good cold drinks for us.
    We stopped into the bottle shop to top up on wine etc. In NT there are always police at the bottle shops checking IDs and today even asked us where we were staying. Then when we buy alcohol the sales guy also scans our drivers licence. There are definitely strict rules on alcohol sales up this way.

    We were told that there are evening markets tonight so we headed back into town for some food. The markets were quite small but we managed to have some food and sat and ate with about 50 flies annoying us. The bushflies are still here!
    Back to the caravan for some aircon to help cool us a bit.
    Read more