Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 119

    Perth Week 3

    October 23, 2021 in Australia ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    We had two more days with Bill and Maree in Mandurah. We managed to wrangle the bomb site that was our guest room into suitcases within our luggage weight limit. We bought two suitcases from the charity shops that will hopefully survive one more plane trip. On our last night in Mandurah we went out for a lovely Italian meal.

    Driving back to Perth on Thursday we detoured to Fremantle for lunch. It was the middle of the week but it seemed really quiet and plenty of empty shops. Regan had tracked the ship our vehicles were being loaded onto and as it was in port we drove past to check it out. As I type this the ship has left WA and is heading to Adelaide.

    For our last few days in Perth we are staying in a hotel in the city so we have easy access to everything. On Thursday we had a last meal with Phil and Terri, it was another delicious Italian meal in Mount Lawley. Friday was a busy day with pre flight Covid tests in the morning, lunch with a colleague of Regan’s, afternoon tea with Sammy and Josie and finally drinks and dinner with Kerrie. It was a fun day and topped off with negative Covid test results so we are all good to fly out early on Monday.

    Saturday we had a free day so we visited some of our favourite places. Breakfast was at Little Bird in Northbridge, a walk around Hyde Park, a visit to Kakulis Brothers to smell all the amazing spice smells and then exploring Elizabeth Quay. The Quay has been completely redeveloped since we lived here. They have created a whole new harbour area doubling the size.

    We had a simple dinner and finished the night with a trip to the movies. It was the first time in 18 months and we had hoped to see the latest Bond movie but it does not premier here until 11th November. Instead we checked out Free Guy which is a fun light hearted movie.

    Last day started with coffee with Phil and Terri in Northbridge, We then walked to Claisebrook Cove to have lunch with Lynleigh, On the way we stopped to take a selfie in Forest Chase which matches a photo we took on our very first day in Perth over 7 years ago. A few more wrinkles and grey hairs or no hair but still smiling. Pretty amazing that we arrived all those years ago and then depart this country from the same airport but with thousands of kilometres travelled in between.

    Lunch was lovely sitting by the water in the sun. After that we walked across the new bridge to Optus Stadium where we enjoyed another drink and chat. Back to the hotel to repack our luggage. We have tried to pack the bags so we can leave some bags in storage if it is offered in quarantine. Early flight with friends picking us up at 5:30am so off to bed soon. More to come as we yet again enter managed isolation for the next 14 days.
    Read more