Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Golden Gate double

    October 12, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 15 °C

    Last full day in San Francisco, and still a lot to cram in, started with a late breakfast as tired from a long day yesterday, the boys went out to experience a “real” American breakfast, once breakfast was done we caught the hop on/ off bus and took in the full route (nearly) the route included a trip over and back of the Golden Gate Bridge, this was made extra special as Janet was on FaceTime to Gracie as we crossed the bridge.
    Shortly after this we split up the adults (Janet, Andrew and Susan) getting off the bus to visit Mrs Doubtfire’s house, me Joe and Rhys finished the tour and picked rental bikes up to head back to the Golden Gate Bridge to cycle over it, the ride over didn't disappoint, well worth the effort for the views and the experience, I also the enjoyed kicking the lads arses on the bike (they are so unfit) Whilst we did this the “adults” went on a tour of a WW2 submarine, we waited for them in a local hostelry. Once they were done they joined us and we ventured to Applebee’s who were advertising $5 Cocktails, whilst talking to a couple of local girls they tell us about the $1 margaritas, all this meant we were late venturing to China town for food, the lads taking a scooter and the four adults (I graduated) taking a Tram, something we had wanted to experience. We order far too much food in the Chinese and are all stuffed, so we walk it off on the way back to the hotel for a nightcap but service is very slow, so we give up and call it a night.
    Read more