Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 45

    Tassi ♥️ - Day 1

    May 12 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    From bustling Sydney it goes off to Tasmania - the most southern place in the world I have aber been to.
    With a group of 20 nice ppl. We travel across the island guided by Tom from Under Down Under ;)
    On the first day we made our way to the west:
    Our tour of Tasmania/lutruwita took us first to the wild West Coast, with a few beautiful short walks throughout the day. We experienced three National Parks, beginning with Mount Field and its wondrous Russell Falls and some of the world’s tallest trees. We stood on the shore of Lake St Clair (Australia’s deepest freshwater lake) which forms part of the Cradle Mountain–Lake St Clair National Park. As we travelled west, we were immersed in magnificent wild scenery, flanked by mountains, buttongrass plains and rainforests of the Franklin-Gordon Wild Rivers National Park. We stopped at Queenstown to learn about Tasmania’s pioneer history, before settling into our accommodations in the harbourside village of Strahan. Yet we weren’t lucky to see the platypus that lives there in the creek.

    We even tried to spot some Aurora Australis the evening, yet we missed it by a day. Still hat some nice and quiet time by the bay in Strahan.

    - but to be fair: no platypus to be spotted so far , Yet, we saw cute pademelon but they took flight pretty quickly.
    Read more