Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 13

    Journey to the Edge of the World

    24 april, Australië ⋅ 🌬 14 °C

    Another day of driving through some breathtaking landscapes - from rainforest on the side of mountains to lush green hills filled with cows and out to the Edge of the World where the red jagged rocks cut through the thunderous waves as they roll in from Argentina.
    Overnight in Strahan there was heavy rainfall, but we awoke to blue skies. As we moved north we got to experience the true roaring 40s winds - so much so that the drone couldn’t handle some flights!
    The wind were so send that when we arrived in Stanley, the chairlift to the top of The Nut (a was not operating. We could have opted to walk to the top (143m) but we may well have been blown off!
    We headed an hour west to Arthur River, otherwise known as The Edge of the World - where it is the longest continuous stretch of water before hitting landfall - Argentina, some 20,000 km away. The rocks are jagged, the waves relentless and the beach and surrounds littered with driftwood from around the world.
    We headed back to our digs for the evening, a house with a spectacular view across to The Nut and the open water of Bass Straight - Victoria being on the otherside.
    Meer informatie