Satelliitti
Näytä kartalla
  • Päivä 14

    Stanley to Cradle Mountain

    25. huhtikuuta, Australia ⋅ ☁️ 5 °C

    We had an easier start to the day, although Helen did get up for sunrise. The kids had a play on the beach, checking out the various rocks before we headed east.
    We drove through Wynyard and then onto Ulverstone and went past the basketball stadium (where Daniel did a National Championships in 2009) and over the bridge where Daniel took a photo in 2009.... but the bridge has changed and the photo wouldn't be possible today.
    We headed back to Penguin to meet up with the others. When we arrived the ANZAC Day service was just getting underway. We listened to the speeches and paid our respect to those who have served to enable us to enjoy our way of life. Whilst the service was happening I saw a Vietnam Vet in bike leathers. He kept moving around and looked uncomfortable. At the end of the service he was getting his gear together to ride off. I approached him and asked if he was okay. We chatted for a while and we wished him well before he rode off.
    We then went to the Penguin Beer Company, just a few metres away from the service - having a beer paddle to sample their product and hamburgers for lunch.
    Then it was off to Cradle Mountain - some amazing sites along the way - steep and winding roads.
    Tonight we went to see Tassy Devils and Spotted Quolls being fed... tomorrow we climb Cradle Mountain!
    Lue lisää