Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Cradle to Coast

    April 27 in Australia ⋅ ⛅ 9 °C

    Our last day in Tasmania. We started the day with fantastic blue skies. From the visitor centre we could see Cradle Mountain, free of clouds - unlike yesterday.
    We drove to the ranger’s station but could go no further in our car. With bus tickets valid for 3 days we jumped on the bus and headed to Dove Lake to capture the photo that alluded us yesterday.
    When we got to the Lake we raced to the water’s edge and started taking photos.
    The water was still and reflected the mountain. Clicking away with various setting and angles as quickly as possible.
    And then the sun started to warm up the surrounding land and the wind started to create ripples on the water.
    We raced around to the boat shed and got some more photos before jumping back on a bus.
    Our next stop was Sheffield - small town with a lot of charm and at least 3 cafes. We explored the shops before having lunch in a cafe.
    Heading north we once again saw Bass Strait - our “highway” back to the mainland later tonight.
    Stops at Speyton Cider, Ghost Rock Wines, Anvers Chocolate Factory, Southern Wild Distillery, Mersey Bluff Lighthouse and Beer Street before dinner at the Molly Malones Irish Pub.
    Tonight we board the Spirit of Tasmania at 9pm for a 11:30pm departure.
    Read more