Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 10

    Bilbao, Spain

    October 10, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 66 °F

    Last port day today. We docked at Getxco but 20 miles from Bilbao. We thought there was a free shuttle but Norwegian put a stop to that. We ended up paying for a shuttle but at least it was round trip.

    We were dropped off at Algorta metro station. Chaos endured as passengers flocked to the ticket machines. Two women almost got into a fist fight. It was…disturbing. So much so I got us in the first possible train out of there but going the wrong way. No worries, we hopped back across at the next stop. 17 stops later, we were in the old city of Bilbao.

    Made up of seven streets the old city Casco Viejo is the hub for the past. There were little streets and alleys everywhere. My favorite was the sheer number of thing candy shops all crammed into tiny spaces.

    After that we went to Moyua station to get to the Guggenheim museum and see the enormous puppy statue covered in flowers. E were pretty tired and headed back. Mom caught sight of the shuttle bus immediately and we got to sit right up front with a silly happy driver.

    At the ship we had a late snack lunch (the food here isn’t that bad, but we are forcing ourselves to eat) I think going to battle with the other passengers is wearing us out. Tonight we will see the’Million Dollar Quartet’ a show about when Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Johnny Cash and Carl Perkins had their forest and last jam session.
    Read more