Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 63

    Anuradhapura

    April 24, 2022 in Sri Lanka ⋅ ⛅ 29 °C

    Did this part of the trip with Hjalmar, had a lot of fun and visited many many historical places (probably enough rocks for a while now). We decided that the road looked calm, flat and easy enough to do some adventure and get a motorbike, and we ended up with a very old motorbike (and overpaying for it) that even had gears (so truely a learning experience), but we loved it! So it was a good way to feel safe to get a bike on our own after this. During this days I had to put away my budget a bit so we could adapt and be a good team (which worried me a bit) and drank a bit too much beer and had all non sri lankan food we could find (which leaded to junk food basically). But it was nice to break my "routine" and let go for some days. Also, did a field trip to the ayurvedic hospital (moment I had been waiting for a very long time) because of a rash I got on my back, what a unique experience! Got prescribed to avoid pineapple (what a gift to have an excuse to refuse this fruit) and sea food and to eat lots of cucumber and watermelon and got a weird oil (looked and smelled like tabasco sauce) and some veryvery interesting pills. Could not get the information for what it was for and what it was made of, but seeing the pharmacy and how they made it was more than enough to feel back into one of the pottery classes of Harry Potter.

    💡Travelling tips: there's plenty enough of monuments, ruins and temples for free or a reasonable price. So it's not necessary to spend 30$ on the main entrance, you can enjoy more of the same on the surroundings.
    📍Essentials: sunset in Mihintale
    🍴Food: The Walkers
    Read more