Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Cloudy but a 'Gorge' us day today

    September 14, 2022 in France ⋅ ☁️ 21 °C

    Well after a thundery rainy night which, kept me awake I can tell you, in our night car park, we get on the road, and immediately a closed road sends us down the wrong road out of town... strewth.. hope we ain't gonna ave anther crappy day?
    So we regroup and the forecast rain doesn't happen and all we have is low cloud which obscures the views a bit. but it's a great drive through the gorges, lakes etc on a lovely surfaced road, through villages which are built for skiing purpose rather than summer, but we stop for a while at one called La Grave to where there is several glaciers on view from the town. They are excited coz they have never seen one before. He also buys some cheese from a local cheese shop which sells only three cheeses, goat, sheep and sheep/goat. After great deliberation he goes for the half goat and half sheep. And very nice it is apparantly with a nice baguette for lunch.
    Onwards through some lovely Alpen scenery to reach Briancon, where they manage to park up by the old town at the top of the hill accessed by a gateway. Very steep streets and very picturescue.
    Onward southwards to stop at an Aire for the night, so a better day and progress made southwards without much goin wrong - so all good (apart from the Baggies losing to the Blues on the night) - he wor appy about that!
    Read more