Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    St. Malo Citadel

    September 19, 2023 in France ⋅ 🌬 19 °C

    Today's market day in St Malo so them off fur a shuftie to see if any thing tempts um. Off they sets on the bikes in to the town un along the prom. There's 2 big ferries docked in the harbour, they must have come in overnight.
    Well Today's the anniversary of when she fell uver last year on holiday, we knows cause it's her mum's birthday and the anniversary the Queens funeral. That's the day when she hurt her hand un knee so what does she do to mark the occasion, she falls off her bike into a bush, again hurting her knee un the hand hers just had operation on. Her ay too bad a bit shook up an aching a bit but they carries on with the day, you cor let the buggers win.

    Well the market was a bit of a flop, handbags and clothes on the out door one but the indoor had, fruit n veg, meat, fish un cheese but they wor tempted.
    Back on the bikes un they peddle thru the town to the Citadel, fur those who dow know, that's a town within walls. They leaves the bikes outside the walls as the roads are narrow un her dow fancy riding uver the cobbles un falling off agin.

    They walks around the narrow streets with all the tall buildings, it's full off restaurants and shops, you certainly won't gu hungry here. They've decided to have lunch out today, just a case of finding somewhere where they can A, read the menu and B, don't sell Mussels and other crappy sea food, and doh get him started on oysters! So guess where , yep a Pizza restaurant. Pizza, Calzone, Cidre and a beer. The Cirdre was served in a jug, un he had tu drink out of a tay cup.

    The table next to them is occupied by 4 Americans un they strike up a conversation, they ask were them from un when they say near Birmingham they say 'Ah Peaky Blinders '. They are on a tour of Europe, they've done Ireland (Dublin), England (Buck Palace and Stonehenge) and now France ( Paris and Mont Michel). Everything they know seems to have come from films and TV series. Yo gorra loft eh ya?

    Bit underwhelmed by the citadel to be honest, all rebuilt after the war but has no charm, buildings are all grey stone and very samey. After lunch they return to bikes un have a short ride along the prom before heading back um. The weather's starting to change, cloudier, windy and certainly cooler.

    She's starting to stiffen up so we'll see what she's like tomorrow morning , we may have to start heading home a bit earlier if her ain't too good.

    The evening ends with a rainbow 🌈 over the town.
    Read more