Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    St Malo here we come.

    September 18, 2023 in France ⋅ ☁️ 17 °C

    Well we had a right storm last night, thunder, lightning and a right load of rain. But it's dry this morning, thems up early as we've got a bit of trek over to St Malo an we need shopping on the way. He wants to get there before lunch otherwise they cor get in till after 2pm un that's a waste of a morning. Luckily he booked this site last night on line, it's an allocated pitch but its okay, near an exit gate and with a bit of view of the harbour, which is nice for me cause we may be here a few days.
    After a spot of lunch they gus fur a walk round the Fort. Beautiful views of the harbour and they can see the Citadel and Fort on the other side of the harbour. Round the corner and you can Dinard, he ses you con get a water taxi over to there, she's not convinced but we'll see. They comes across what look like gun turrets full of bullet holes, at least of three of um. There's a memorial garden for them to look round and then they comes out at the town with a ruin of a church.
    After a rest back home with me for a bit he gets his bike off me rack un gus fur a ride while her reads yet un other book.
    While getting the BBQ out ready to cook a nice steak from the charcuterie the lady opposite spots me flag on my rear and comes over un asks where in the Black Country are we from, hers from Dudley, small world ay it.
    Read more