Satélite
  • Dia 6

    Walking, Beer, Hot Dogs and Cocktails

    26 de outubro de 2018, Estados Unidos ⋅ ⛅ 7 °C

    Today our plan is to just catchup with our friends. Myself, Will and Andy's first stop was to go to Champs in Williamsberg which is a vegan diner for brunch. The food was fantastic! Honestly I could easily transfer onto a vegan diet I think and in particularly because the food is always so appealing to the eye.

    After that we just walked. We chatted and walked and walked and walked and eventually found ourselves in Brooklyn. We were freezing and tired so took shelter in a Starbucks. After we walked back over the bridge to Manhattan and went to the scene where Ghost busters was filmed.

    Later on, Andy went for a shopping trip, we went for a wander, a cheeky dollar pizza slice and then we met up again for a couple of pints for even more catching up. Well when you've not seen someone for a couple of years there's a lot to catch up on!

    In the evening myself and Will went to meet Mark and Becca, also friends from Will's High school, for hotdogs and cocktails while Andy went to a gig. Now this wasn't just any cocktail bar, this was a speak easy and it was so much fun! To get in you have to find the hidden telephone booth in a cafe and then ask for entrance. Inside is a 1920s styled hidden bar. We had various cocktails, hotdogs and tater tots. Wow where have tater tots been all my life? They are like hash browns but with the perfect ratio of crunchy outside to filling.

    Another amazing day of catching up on lost time!
    Leia mais