Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Day 24 Zero Day in Hot Springs, NC

    May 25, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 64 °F

    Zero day in Hot Springs NC (mile marker (275.1)
    Daily Mileage: 0

    Had a great day relaxing in Hot Springs. Clear skies and 82 degrees. Breakfast at Artisun Gallery & Cafe. Great Lattes and fresh bagels. Went back there after lunch for their awesome ice cream.
    Had lunch at Spring Creek Tavern and who was my server? None other than…. Cindy the Karaoke Queen from last night’s video! She’s pretty funny. Heard about her whole life story and the fun characters that like to frequent Karaoke nights at Big Pillow Brewing.

    Went back to the room mid afternoon to chill and update my journal & FB. Headed out to dinner at 6:30 a block away at Iron
    Horse Station restaurant with Robert & Anne. They are so much fun and have a zillion interesting stories. They go back to Chapel Hill NC tomorrow and I’ll most likely be section hiking Virginia with them come next April.

    I’m currently sitting here watching the Celtics-Heat game 5 and getting ready for a big next 5 days of hills and miles starting tomorrow early am. 5 days of food weighing @ 11 lbs. Ugh. The goal is to get to Erwin TN (mile marker 350) by next Wed am, when I’ll head to the Asheville NC airport to fly home.

    More to come early next week, happy Memorial Day to all!
    Read more