Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 72

    Ha Long Bay

    March 22, 2018 in Vietnam ⋅ ☀️ 21 °C

    It's weird to be alone after so long time with G-ADVENTURES. Today I embarked on a 2 night cruise of Ha Long Bay, I was picked up from my hotel and drove from Hanoi to Ha Long.
    After traveling 70 days and meeting a grand total of 1 danish couple it was weird being in a bus full of young danish guys and girls. The drive from Hanoi was 3 and a half hours with a half hour stop along the way.
    The stop was at a massive souvenir shop, here they hand made alabaster stone idols, hand embroidered canvas into beautiful creations and made jewelry.
    We arrived in Ha Long and Boarded our boat. After a few minutes with welcome drink we checked in to our rooms. Being on a boat with private room, ensuite no less, is going to be awesome.!
    We cruised to Sung Sot Cave, along the way we saw a lot of boats, and there was a ridiculous amount of tourists primarily Chinese. Sung Sot cave was massive and made up of 3 chambers, first chamber seemed large, but each of the next were bigger, with the third being absolutely massive. The drip stone made amazing structures in the cave.
    After a 10 minutes sail we got to go kayaking in Kuno? Cave. This was a tunnel through the cliff to get into a bay with cliffs all around and the only way in or out was the natural tunnel.
    We rowed back to our boat and had showers and dinner.
    We were 18 on board 16 Danish and 2 Swedish, so it's almost like being home.
    Read more