Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 20

    Day 19, 20 and 21

    September 7, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Day 19 - A fantastic day spent touring the southern section of Lake Garde at the foot of the Dolomite Mountains. We took a boat built in 1904 for a 4 hour cruise. There's 25 villages around the coastline with olive groves and vineyards on the hills. It is one of the most beautiful places we have seen. The coastline has historical monuments, castles and fortresses. We passed a 135 room immaculately kept villa and a small island with very historical buildings owned by one family. There's 25 000 000 visitors a year to the lake. Not far from Lake Como. Havent seen George and Amal but i believe they are nearby.

    Day 20 - we caught the train from Lake Garde to Verona where 3 of Shakespeare's plays are set. For dinner we went down into the main square. It was very busy as the opera was on in the Arena. The arena holds 22 000 people.

    Day 21 - Today we decided to do the red and blue hop-on and hop-off bus routes around Verona.

    Back to Venice tomorrow to start our 101 cruise with Azamara from Venice to Athens.

    Photo 1 and 2 and Video 1 - Boat trip of Lake Garde
    Photo 3 - planting on bridge
    Video 2 and Photo 4 - Square and Arena in Verona
    Photo 5 - wisteria
    Photos 6 - 9 - photos from our hop- on, hop-off bus tours around Verona
    Read more