Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 48

    Belmont Freizeitpark / Popovers

    December 7, 2023 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    Etwas im Belmont Park, direkt am Mission Beach rum geschlendert....

    Zu Hause Popovers gebacken. Perfekt gelungen, oh yeah

    Ingredients

    4 large eggs , room temperature before cracking

    1 1/2 cups whole milk , lukewarm (about 125 degrees F)

    3/4 teaspoon salt

    1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour , spooned and leveled

    3 tablespoons melted butter , cooled slightly




    Instructions

    Using a blender, blend eggs, milk, and salt; add flour, blending until smooth; then add the melted butter at the end, blending until frothy. Let batter rest for 15 minutes while you preheat the oven.

    Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and place rack in the bottom third position (to make room for tall popovers and to ensure the tops don’t burn!) and another rack in the top position.

    Place a 6-slot popover pan on a baking sheet; put on the lower rack of oven for 2 minutes while oven is preheating.

    Spray the hot pan all over (including inside the wells and the outside rim) with nonstick cooking spray.

    Pour the rested batter evenly into the muffin slots, almost to the top.

    Bake the popovers for 20 minutes without opening the oven door. Reduce the heat to 350°F (again without opening the door), and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until they're tall, have "popped" over the tops of the pan, and are a deep, golden brown.
    Read more