Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 9

    Montepulciano

    September 12, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    After our day touring the Tuscan countryside in our zippy little left-hand drive Ford Fiesta, we finally made it to Montepulciano, with me only having to remind Brad once to drive on the right side of the road.

    Montepulciano is our home for the next six days while we explore more of the Tuscan region. Montepulciano has been dated to the 2nd and 3rd century BC and in Roman times was a garrison guarding the main roads in the area.

    It is a very hilly and steep town (something I didn’t think about when booking) and the views from the town and our apartment windows are amazing. While we have a gorgous view, it also means we have a lot of steps to climb as our apartment is four flights of stairs up and we are at the top end of a steep town. However, our apartment is amazing - so well equipped and filled with Italian charm. I don't know that we will want to leave here.

    After a brief walk through town we were exhausted, so we decided on dinner in our apartment and an early night so we can get up and explore more tomorrow. Our brief glimpse of Montepulciano does have us wanting to see more.
    Read more