Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 55

    Ronda, Spain

    May 18, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 14 °C

    We had an early morning start to catch our two trains to our next destination, the town of Ronda. The landscape has changed so much and now there are fields of gold and rows of olive trees. Very picturesque.

    I first saw Ronda on an episode of The Amazing Race and the town looked like it has a lot to offer, so here we are. Ronda is known for its cliffside location and a deep canyon that carries the Guadalevin River and divides the town.

    We arrived before check-in so quickly grabbed something to eat before having a quick look around where we are staying. Lunch was a toasted sandwich followed with a Spanish churros with hot chocolate. We had to tick that of our “foods to try” list. They are not was sweet as the ones from home and are so much lighter. And of course we found a bakery for Brad to feed his cake obsession, which of course I benefit from too. The cakes looked amazing and we were very happy with our choices to have later with a cup of coffee.

    Unfortunately it does not seem that our good weather has followed us from Madrid and the rain started and poured all afternoon. Thankfully we were able to check in early and we spent the time researching dinner options. Thankfully the rain let up long enough for us to make our way to Taperia La Flamenka where we had some amazing tapas dishes and delicious sangria. This is “up there” with one of the best meals we have had on this trip. So delicious. We have told ourselves that we will try other places to eat while we are here, but this place will be hard to beat.
    Read more