Satelliet
  • Dag 15

    9/11 Memorial and Museum

    28 november 2017, Verenigde Staten ⋅ 🌙 9 °C

    We headed out this morning a little later than usual, as we had had a late night after dinner and the visit to the Empire State Building with the Greens. We headed off to the subway to catch the red line downtown. We spent a couple of hours at the 9/11 Museum, which is very tastefully done. It is a very moving experience, reliving the attacks on the Twin Towers and watching the aftermath, and then reading about the victims and their families. I found the "September 11, 2001 Historical Exhibition" excellent - it was well laid out with a range of media used to retell the story. Some of it brought me to tears. Following the museum, we went to the reflection pool and found a name with a white rose, indicating it would have been their birthday today (we also found a couple with a white rose last year when I visited with my sister).

    Next we went across to the "Eataly" restaurant, and shared a couple of pizzas between us. We then jumped back on the subway and headed over to the Taglialatella Galleries, to look at the Burton Morris exhibition - Painting Playboy - and also looked at art by Andy Warhol, Banksy, Mr Brainwash, Keith Haring and Basquiat. It was a private gallery, and we just walked around and took some snaps - the guy who looked like he was in charge was showing pieces to a wealthy couple, and we were left to our own devices!

    We then walked the ten blocks back to the apartment to get our step total up. Tonight I am off to see "Waitress" on my own, and the boys are having a quite night in.
    Meer informatie