Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 13

    Great Wall Hiking

    August 21, 2019 in China ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    We read on the internet about a really nice itinerary from Jiankou to Mutianyu, the wild part of the great wall.

    We took a taxi from Beijing to the Xizhazi village (2 hours trip) and we started hiking in the woods. From the village we walked for about 1 hour to get to the top and finally see the Great Wall.

    Our first goal was Zhengbei Watch Tower. But it was far away. At that moment we realized that our start point was wrong. But we decided to continue.

    The path to arrive to Zhengbei Tower was really hard (REALLY!) and very dangerous. In some parts we needed to climb or to take shortcuts in the woods around the wall.

    And we were just us. Nobody. Just us. Some rocks. And the Great Wall, that was falling apart.

    Sometimes we also took wrong ways and we needed to come back to take the right path. So much adrenaline!!!

    After 7 hours of hiking and climbing we finally arrived to Mutianyu, the restored part of the Great Wall and more touristic. We also find humans there! We were safe.

    It was an absolutely crazy and amazing experience that we will remember for the rest of our lives.

    The Great Wall of China is one of the 7 Wonders of the World. We think that is true.
    Read more