Satellite
  • Day 4

    Victoria

    May 21, 2018 in Canada ⋅ ☀️ 15 °C

    I write this G&T in hand listening to Mike & the Mechanics on our sunny balcony on Victoria Day, a public holiday. What a day!
    We left our excellent hotel on Robson headed down to the floatplane. We were in time to catch the 10.30 Harbourair flight to Victoria. So easy, a bakers dozen on the plane plus pilot, safety briefing on an iPad, calm conditions , we headed out, revved up and away we went, out over the suspension bridge down river and across to Vancouver Island.
    Smooth landing and we wondered where our suitcases were? In the float it turned out. This being Victoria Day the bands were playing , roads closed and festivities going on. The last majorettes passed in time for us to cross to our Parkside hotel. There we left our luggage and headed for Fisherman’s Wharf a couple of km round the harbour. Barb’s renowned F&C and ginormous Ice-creams made lunch. We caught a H2O water taxi back to Empress and thence to our hotel apartment where we had been upgraded to a corner suite with chocs and another anniversary card! Brilliant!!
    We tour ourselves away to book whale watching for the morrow and supermarket for provisions ( I must cook the sockeye in a mo). Pool and now balcony- what more could you ask for. BC Pinot Noir with the fish. More demain.
    Read more