Satellite
  • Day 245

    Shark Bay/Monkey Mia

    August 9, 2017 in Australia ⋅ 🌙 12 °C

    Stayed 5 nights at Denham in an overflow section of the Shark Bay Caravan Park. Very busy around Shark Bay so was all we could get, but actually preferred the overflow as it had plenty of room and ocean views.

    Started working as a contractor from here and happy to say it seems to be going well. Just did 2 days to start off with...we'll see how it progresses.

    Spent an early morning at Monkey Mia with the dolphins that come in to the beach to be hand fed. Incredible story...rangers only feed them 10% of their diet so that they still learn how to hunt for themselves. Historically, many dolphins perished from losing the ability to hunt for fish after being hand fed too much.

    Splashed out on a 3 hour cruise which sailed out of Monkey Mia checking out dolphins, turtles, and dugong in the sea grass beds. Marg even got in the boom net behind the boat on the way home. We had a sunset cruise thrown in, so did that the next day which was fantastic.

    Really liked Shell Beach, one of only 2 beaches in the world covered entirely in shells. Spectacular!

    Robert & Karen caught up with us here...great to touch base again. Whilst we have to move on, I'm sure we'll be catching up again down the track.

    Weather 8-22°
    Read more