Satellite
Afficher sur la carte
  • Jour 25

    So showers, no food but great weather!

    17 juin 2021, Irlande ⋅ ☀️ 24 °C

    Next morning the sun was still around and it was lovely and bright.
    I found after a change in wind direction that we were too close for comfort to another mooring. I shortened the chain but it didn't make any difference.
    When Brian got up, up came the anchor yet again and we found another spot with more room and good holding and wondered why we didn’t anchor there yesterday.

    After breakfast we went ashore to pay a visit to Cromwell’s Barracks or Fort as it's sometimes called and while there I had a eureka moment.
    I realised we were near the top of the tide not the bottom so our anchorage was too shallow and that’s why we hadn’t gone there yesterday!
    We luckily didn't have to rush back and while we were moving the boat yet again a local in a passing rib offered us the use of his mooring as he wasn’t using it at the moment which we gratefully took up after we had gone into the old pier to fill with water.
    It was Brian's idea seeing that we were moving the boat anyway.

    Once we were tied up we went ashore again for more exploring etc.
    The community centre did showers and we hoped to take them up on the offer but it turned out that the advertised opening hours were not the ones being kept by the community. Probably with the good weather had sent them all to the beach.

    We stopped at the hotel for lunch but were too late so had a pint on the lawn instead and checked about dinner for non residents. No problem!
    Oh yes it was, when we went back, so we had to go elsewhere. Pity, they had a nice menu.

    Brian took off up the hill for a long phone call making me think he had jumped ship but he arrived back as if he had only been gone a minute or two.
    We settled for dinner in 'Day's on the beach' and headed back to Eureka as the sun went down.
    En savoir plus