Satellite
  • Day 6

    Bui Vien Street

    April 7, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 33 °C

    Having planned to go to Mui Ne and in attempt to book my hostel beforehand there appeared no spaces for the night I wanted, therefore having to extend my stay in Ho Chi Minh and delay my arrival in Mui Ne.

    However, it turned out to be a very enjoyable day. Turns out someone I had met the night before wanted to go to the zoo and with no plans I decided to go along. We saw so many animals and got to feed the elephants sugar canes which was a lot of fun. I think the elephants enjoyed it as much as us. Other animals that we saw included giraffes, a snow tiger, tigers, bears and hippos.

    We spent around 2 hours around the zoo, being actually very enjoyable to stroll around and see the animals, despite it being incredibly hot and sweaty.

    Heading back to the hostel and deciding what to do in the evening, I messaged Lauren from the night before and we decided to go grab dinner and a drink. Getting on so well with Lauren made it a very enjoyable evening, walking up and down Bui Vien street, exploring the shops and bars. Later on we ran into people from my hostel who invited us out for a drink.
    After a few beers with them, I decided I should head back and pack to be ready for my early departure to Mui Ne, leaving the others to head out clubbing.

    I said goodbye to Lauren who was also going her separate ways. After nearly week in Ho Chi Minh, it was time to say goodbye to the crazy city.
    Read more