Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 16

    Ancient Town

    April 17, 2017 in Vietnam ⋅ ⛅ 26 °C

    For our second day in Hoi An it was a slightly slower start to the day having been out the previous night. We just made it in time for the buffet breakfast and decided we would have an easy morning by the pool.

    Due to the fact we needed to have our second fittings, we headed to the Ancient Town again on our bikes for the afternoon.

    When we arrived we grabbed some lunch and had a typical Vietnamese dish called cao lau which was a mixture of noodles, greens, pork and pork crackling, it was delicious! Soon after we finished we headed over to get our clothes fitted and it was amazing to see how they had transformed the materials into the clothing we wanted. With a few more adjustments to make it makes me extremely excited for the finished product.

    Due to it being late afternoon, we wondered around the main town and found some yummy treats. My favourite was a warm donut rolled in sugar, it was absolutely divine. With Hoi An being full of coffee shops, we decided it would be rude not to go have one. We tried a speciality, iced coffee with coconut which was delightful, the sweet of the coconut balancing out the strong taste of the coffee. However, due to it getting dark we thought it would be best to head back, picking up a banh mi on the way.

    Back at the hostel we had a well deserved shower and thought it would be a good idea to have a chill night with a busy day planned tomorrow. After two intense days I was very much in need of some chill time.
    Read more