Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 54

    Heading North again

    May 27, 2023 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    I winched up the dinghy and Bob pulled up our anchors and we waved farewell to our Swiss neighbours. We discovered that the anchor buoy was no longer attached and was just floating. It's no wonder we were mystified last evening at our position!
    We decided to sail/motor further out from the Amalfi coast in order to avoid the traffic and their wake. At the Sirens, Captain Bob announced we had reached our furthermost southern position and we were now heading North. 🥺 Due to the lack of wind, he also announced we were a motor boat, not a sailing vessel! That changed as we reached the channel to Capri and we were sailing once again, 'running the gauntlet' of ferries, power boats, and tour boats. Only 1 evasive tactic required but, oh, my nerves! 🤯😬😖 As we came back into Porto Miseno, it was crowded! Everyone was out for Sat. in the sun. We anchored beside 2 rafted catamarans which had a crowd of young people dancing, singing and playing ball. We had dinner in the cockpit and watched as everyone left and we had the harbour to ourselves again. Lovely music from the hotel and fireworks ended a good day.
    Read more