Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 7

    Preveza, Vonitsa and beach cows...!

    April 15 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 22 °C

    Who knew cows go to the beach too! We'd seen the herd on the country road near the marina but woke up and heard the herd and wouldn't have been surprised to see them under our boat! We got on our bikes to ride around the 3 marinas here to look at the millions (billion?) of $$ in yachts and equipment. Saw a few boats that we'd seen in our travels last Oct. then to the beach outside our fence and there were the cows cooling their hooves! Watch out for the the cow patties on the sand!
    We decided to take a short drive down the south side of the Ambracian Gulf to Vonitsa. We had to take a detour after coming upon the aftermath of a horrific car-motorcyle crash. We went to the beach to clear our heads and to give the authorities time. We later proceeded along the rolling country roads. We wandered among the ruins of Vonitsa Castle and to the waterfront where we saw the Aussies who were docked there! They invited us aboard their catamaran and we spent time yakking. We joked about who was following (stalking?) who! After leaving them, we drove along the waterfront to Church island, crossed the pedestrian bridge and wandered a path around the island amongst the pine forest. A beautiful sunset to end the day and a time to reflect how fortunate we are.
    Read more