Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Final days on Sea la Vie 🥰🙂😥

    April 19 in Greece ⋅ ⛅ 19 °C

    Thursday was spent relaxing on the boat watching our neighbours busily painting, drilling, fixing! Ah, the life of a boat owner! We technically were still owners but the deal was not yet sealed with money in the bank so we relaxed. We had some rain later but then it blew off in time for a walk to the family restaurant where we were rewarded again with another dessert! More rain in the night.

    Morning coffee in the cockpit with a sunny sky and we decided to make a 2nd attempt at seeing pelicans in the Wetlands but at a closer area. We had to leave the car after attempting a gravel lane full of potholes, mud and lakes after the rain so we wandered down on foot crossing into private property. A fellow came out and I showed him where we wanted to go. His English was limited and he initially showed us the path then he offered to take us in his dinghy! We hopped in and he motored towards the pelicans which took flight as we neared. He told us there are huge snakes🐍 on the little islands and the water is only about 2 metres deep. After motoring around a short while, he dropped us at a bridge and we walked back along the path. What kindness and generosity!
    We drove back to Preveza and bumped into the sales broker. Bob advised if the $ was not in the bank, the deal could be off or we'd extend it with penalties. He seemed convinced the money would come and sure enough, when we got back to the boat mid afternoon, the $ was in the bank. It started to pour - a good day to not have a boat! The broker came and we sealed the deal. 🙂😥 He said Bob should be a negotiator!
    It continued to pour for a number of hours with lightning⛈ too. My concern was needing the bathroom but not wanting to go down the ladder in the pouring rain! Eventually the rain stopped but we now had a lake under us and at the foot of the ladder! Bob wondered if we'd be floating soon! He was able to go on the boat beside us and move the ladder to higher ground. What a relief! I was determined not to have to use it in the night!
    It was cool enough that we turned the heater on only to have the electricity conk out due to the rain. So our last night on the boat was cozy under extra blankets and also a reminder of other challenging (hail🌨, rain🌧, wind🌬💨, waves🌊, rocking, swinging, cold🥶 ) nights! Ah, the joys of sailing! I will/won't miss it!
    Read more