Satellite
  • Day 7

    Arriving in Yosemite

    September 10, 2019 in the United States ⋅ ☀️ 17 °C

    We left our Lake Tahoe cabin 10:30am and went to a playground for Theo so that he could move his body a bit before another long drive. The playground was really cool and relaxing for everyone and afterwards, Theo fell asleep in the car for almost 2 hours, which was really good.

    We had a stop in a small town called Jackson to buy some supplies for our camping trip in Yosemite. Lisa and I went to Walmart and Chris and Theo went to another playground. It took so long to do everything, that we didn’t leave Jackson until 6pm and arrived in Yosemite after the sun went down. It was a bit chaotic trying to set up our tents and entertain a very tired Theo, but we managed in the end. He fell asleep really quickly, which was a relief for Chris and I because we were both very tired.

    Unfortunately the weather was so much colder than we had expected - about 1-2 degrees at night. Judith was feeling sick and tried to book a cabin, but was unsuccessful and had to sleep in the car instead. The rest of us tried sleeping in our tents and although it was cold, I think it went really well. Theo woke up around 6am, which wasn’t so bad considering how cold it was.
    Read more