Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 6

    Bergen - Day 2

    July 17, 2023 in Norway ⋅ 🌧 14 °C

    Headed off today on a 12 hour tour of fjords and waterfalls. This tour was almost entirely self guided. The tour company gave me a detailed list of instructions and destinations with many different types of transportations and often tight transfer windows. Its remarkable how organized, efficient and accurate this country is with its arrival and departure schedules. I usually had 5-10 minutes to transfer. Not much room for error with that but it all worked perfectly. One coach bus was 3 minutes late and the driver apologized to me several times as i boarded haha.

    My day started with a train, then a minibus, then a boat, then a coach bus, another coach bus, then a boat, then a personal driver and finished on a coach bus. I had prepaid for everything but no one ever asked me for proof of payment on all those different legs. Same for my train from the airport. 100% honour system here wow.

    Unfortunately, it was another cold, rainy day. The scenery was dramatic but low lying clouds often obscured the views sadly.

    The highlight of the day was vøringsfossen waterfall. Multiple waterfalls on different sides of a really deep gorge and dozens of different viewing platforms in some really unique spots. Luckily the clouds mostly moved out just as i arrived. Got some great pics and then a huge cloud rolled in 15 minutes later and i couldn't see anything after that. Fortunate to have that brief moment.
    Read more