Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 2

    Santorini Day 2

    July 27, 2020 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 27 °C

    Woke up and had a breakfast at Finikia Memories - had delicious Greek pastries and omelettes on the terrace overlooking the ocean.

    We wondered into Oia, taking in the gorgous caldera views. We stopped by the office for island boat tours and were completely suckered in by the charismatic Peter . Classic American customer service combined with Del Boy esque sales patter, had us hooked within 5 minutes but talked for 40 more - genuinely nice guy though who gave us a lot of good advice on what to do and where to go.

    We spent the afternoon by the pool and snacked on the freshest pitta and creamiest hummus from the local supermarket!

    Spent the evening at Santorini Mou - an authentic Greek tavern with live music. They place a flag on your table so everyone knows where you're from (not ideal for us hah). We were sat next to a Hungarian family celebrating their 10th wedding anniversary in the exact venue they married in 10 years ago.

    At Santorini Mou, they take pictures of every customer and file in huge albums! Our 12 year old waiter (Named Aris we think..) gave us a tour, pointed out their famous past guests (Jennifer Aniston and Greenday) and Craig made sure he showed off his flag knowledge.

    Ended the night with a margarita at Finikia Memories - made by the experienced and kind barman Dimitrious who took no offence in my amatuer explanation on 'how to make a margarita'.. 💙🇬🇧📷🍸
    Read more