Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 5

    Santorini Day 5

    July 30, 2020 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 26 °C

    Another early start for the boat trip. We said our goodbyes to the staff at Finikia Memories, scoffed down our breakfast and jumped in the taxi to the harbour.

    The boat took us around the south side of the island. The first stop was the hot springs next to the volcano. Craig and I jumped into the water but didn't fancy swimming the whole way to the springs. (they said competant swimmers only....)

    The next stop was next to some impressive caves. We jumped in for a quick snorkel and then lunch was ready. The fried fish was amazing!

    The final stops were to see the white and red beach. We were warned not to visit the red beach by the crew due to frequent landslides. Madly the beach was packed with families who had ignored/didnt seem to care about the warnings.

    It was also at this point Gem dropped the idea to look into changing our flights around and staying in Greece another week instead of going home, a superb idea in my mind and 'the most spontaneous thing I have ever done in my life' in Gemmas!!

    After the boat trip we were dropped to our next hotel, Marvarit Suites. The rooms were beautiful and had private plunge pools. Although we were a little put off at the proximity to the airport (you can see the runway from the room), the flights were infrequent and the service and attention to detail from the staff more than compensated!
    Read more