Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 4

    Santorini Day 4

    July 29, 2020 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 28 °C

    After a long hike the day before today was always going to be a rest day.

    After breakfast in the resort we lounged around the pool and our terrace, mostly reading and playing the odd game of cards...

    Around 6pm we took the same costal path from the previous day but in the opposite direction towards Oia (pronounced Ee-ah) and found a great bench for pictures and a great view!

    We had a great early evening dinner at Karma And again stuck to the starters only, in a tapas style attempt to try as many different things as we could.

    By the time we had overeaten our way through yet another menu, the sun had already disappeared and the crowds were walking in the opposite direction towards the restaurants as we headed to the romantic hotspot! Even at a time the island is said to be at 20% capacity this was still a busy place, regular season must be swamped!

    We caught some great views of the night sky post sunset which we both seem to prefer!

    Finally we took some side streets away from the relative hustle n bustle and came across a lovely terraced bar called Sphynx with santorini sparkling wines, an organic locally brewed beer (amazing) and fab music! After a few drinks we walked the main road back to the resort and had a margarita before an early night in preparation for the boat trip the next day!
    Read more