Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Athens Day 3

    August 5, 2020 in Greece ⋅ ☀️ 32 °C

    Day three, a cool night's sleep and we were ready for another day exploring. We took a different route towards the metro and stumbled across a cool cafe / bar called 'The Place'. They had great veggie options so we ordered food and pancakes (with enough chocolate that even grandma would struggle!). We noticed some wooden bikes outside and ended up booking a bike tour for the last day!

    The plan for the day was to visit the Acropolis for some culture after lots of eating and drinking. Of course the plan was to walk towards the acropolis, stopping off in bars / cafes. The first find was the Klook, a Mary Poppins inspired experiential weird trippy restaurant / cafe. I had a really sweet lemonade and Craig had a beer in a shoe (as you do).

    We stayed for as long as we could stand the weird music and Disney style cringey-ness (which wasn't very long) and spent an hour or so wondering around the cobbled streets of Monastiraki and stopped for a cocktail in Six Dogs. It was a lovely green courtyard and had a zero waste policy.

    By around 4pm it was cool enough to walk up to see the Acropolis of Athens. It was a spectacular sight and hard to believe that it's been around for thousands of years. Again, we were lucky as we didn't have to queue for anything and practically has the site to ourselves!

    Culture completed ☑️ and it was back to exploring! We had a drink at 360 cocktail bar which overlooked the Acropolis and then stumbled across 'Peek A Bloom', a bar in a tiny alley with a bohemian feel (and a secret toilet lol). We sensibly went home at around 8pm to get ready for our trip to Mykonos the next day.
    Read more