Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 69

    Tanzania Day 29 - Stone Town

    October 2, 2020 in Tanzania ⋅ ☀️ 29 °C

    Second time lucky for the walking tour of Zanzibar! We met up with Kassim and he gave us a walking tour of Stone Town, navigating the seemingly maze like streets as if they were a motorway he seemed to show us everything... From the old forts to the mosques, churches and former slave market & museum - it was a eye opening discovering the varied history of Zanzibar throughout the years! It was funny to see the extent of the word 'ironically' being used to describe Britain's efforts to abolish slavery by tours and their information posters!

    After that much learning Gemma decided to reward us with a drink and a game of pool in Tatu which was an old style wooden bar right on the beach! Based over 3 floors and built with what looked like bamboo it seemed as sturdy as a wave underfoot and the pool table stood with a slant akin to a pinball machine bit we percavierd and managed to climb back from the second floor alive! Afterwards we headed back to our terrace for a dinner and after a very (African style) long wait for our food we finished up and went for an early night!
    Read more