Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 3

    End of day 1 + day 2

    November 8, 2022 in French Polynesia ⋅ ☀️ 77 °F

    Welp! Funny looking back at ending my last post saying “hopeful things will go up from here!” Because they most definitely did not.
    Matt ended up running a fever and passed out multiple times between the time of 5:30pm and 10pm. Long story short, since I’ll save sharing the gross details that happened in the bathroom, we ended up having to call the resort to call an ambulance and take us to the hospital. Matt got an IV and was required to stay the night there, but I could not. I call a taxi back to the resort and got back by 1:30am. At this point it’s been a 24 hour day… a pretty shocking start to the honeymoon.

    Matt arrives back at the resort at 7am this morning and is feeling better but not great. His fever is gone and is just battling a cold. We were supposed to golf today but moved it to tomorrow and cancelled our snorkeling tour since we weren’t sure if Matt would be able to handle 4 hours of snorkeling. Instead of golfing today we rented snorkeling gear and just swam around our resort. Saw some great fish and beautiful coral.

    Definitely trying to make the most of the trip but just so happy that Matt is feeling a little better and back at the resort.
    Read more