Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 24

    Boboli Gardens, Florence

    March 26, 2022 in Italy ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    The Boboli Gardens are directly behind the Pitti Palace, the main home of the Medici family in Florence. This is probably the 1st of the Italian Gardens of the 16th century and later, setting the style for a long time. The gardens were developed for the wife of Cosimo d'Medici.
    The gardens are built up a hillside somewhat like an amphitheater, with the Palace as the focal point. As you will see, there are many terraces, fountains, views over Florence and more.
    The 1st picture is the small garden at the highest point of the park. The 2nd picture looks over the pool near the top of the hill to the city. The 3rd picture is behind the palace with a series of bas reliefs on the wall. The 4th picture is an example of the low mazes in places in the garden. This one is alongside of a greenhouse.
    The 5th and 6th pictures are 2 of the fountains. The 4th picture is the Isoleto with the Fountain of the Ocean in the center of the small pool. The 6th picture is at the other extreme and is a small fountain hidden in a glade among the trees.
    The rest of the pictures are around the garden to give a sense of the vegetation, paths and spaces here.
    Read more