Satelliet
Weergeven op kaart
  • Dag 7

    Trollshaw Forest

    11 januari 2023, Nieuw-Zeeland ⋅ 🌧 17 °C

    This is a site that you will see in the Hobbit movies and in Rings of Power. This is an off the beaten path site on private property where the owners host tour groups to see the places that figure in the films. What is especially interesting is everything here is natural. None of it was created by the creative gurus of the movie making team.
    The 1st picture is the route taken by Bilbo and the dwarves (the company) as they approached Mirkwood and the Staddle farm. The 2nd picture is the location of the Staddle farm where the trolls attacked and ate the farmer and family. The 3rd picture is where the farm stable was located and where the trolls captured a couple dwarves and stole a pony or 2. The 4th picture is a silhouette placed where Gandalf stood to split the rock and turn the trolls to stone, ending the battle between the company and the trolls, and rescuing the abducted trolls and ponies.
    The 5th picture is of the 90 meter high limestone cliffs on site that appear in the hobbit movies, but feature more in the Rings of Power.
    The rest of the pictures are at various places in the forest where scenes were shot. I'll leave you to recognize the specific scenes, whether it's the wargs attacking; or Radagast warning Gandalf and giving him the morgul sword; or the troll cave; or Radagast with his sleight pulled by Rhosgobel rabbits. There are more.
    The site is amazing, and the farmers who own the property and lead the tours are great people who also tell stories about their experience with the movie makers.
    Meer informatie