Satellite
Mostra sulla mappa
  • Giorno 2

    Pape'ete Waterfront

    10 aprile 2023, Polinesia francese ⋅ ☁️ 27 °C

    The waterfront in Tahiti's capital stretches from an active cargo port to the ferry terminal to a series of parks. These pictures skip the cargo and ferry terminals as they are pretty typical. So I'm concentrating on the rest of the waterfront.
    As I'm here on Easter Monday, it's very quiet with most places are closed. This is a national holiday here.
    The 1st picture is of Place Vai'ete that is located next to the ferry terminal. Normally it's filled with people, food trucks, etc
    The 2nd picture is of The Quay or Papeete Marina where you often find private boats from around the world. To the right across the water and through the rain you might be able to make out Moto Uta, the small island that has become the shipping port.
    The 3rd picture is of Place Jacques Chirac. On the left is a Polynesian boat, but the main point here are the sculptures farther back. This site is a memorial and protest about the nuclear testing done in French Polynesia.
    The 4th picture us of Pā'ōfa'i Gardens. This larger park stretches along the waterfront esplanade and contains footpaths, fountains, landscaped gardens and more.
    The 5th picture is of Place To'Ata. This is another outdoor gathering space located at the other end of the esplanade about 1.5 km away from the ferry terminal. You can make out the large outdoor performance space in the background.
    The 5th and 6th pictures are in Bougainville Park located across the road from the waterfront parks shown on my pictures so far. This is one of the shadier places and bears the name of a famous French sailor of the 18th century.
    The last picture is a bit of street art in the area.
    Leggi altro