Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 19

    Day 17 - Same Same But NOT so Different

    December 28, 2019 in Thailand ⋅ 🌙 26 °C

    This morning we started off by visiting a Vegan Coffee Shop. I had a Matcha 🍵, Banana 🍌 & Cacao Healthy Smoothie, which was delicious. Jackie had an iced latte.

    It was another morning in our same spot on the beach. We went to the only beach shack on the beach at lunchtime for a beer AND food - a Pad Thai & a pineapple fried rice.

    It was exceptionally hot in the afternoon & so we took shelter under a palm tree. We saw sunset at a beach bar with a beer.

    That evening we went to a restaurant recommended on TripAdvisor, Malina’s Kitchen. I was excited & chose a Tom Kah Coconut Soup with chicken & Jackie had a red curry. Mine was as described - coconut soup & Jackie’s red curry was not spicy or ‘chickeny’ enough for her. Certainly not our best meal.

    The meal was made all the more awkward / disappointing by an English bloke who was the partner of Malina, who insisted on chatting with all the diners. I put on my best ‘Resting Bitch Face’ or the male equivalent, but eventually he approached us. We heard his ‘story’ for about the 5th time & gave little away about ourselves. Despite this, he invited us to join him & his partner & the restaurant staff for a big night out on his birthday, New Years Eve. I think we were the 1st diners of the night not to be elsewhere on that date!!

    Song of the Day - Resting Bitch Face by Boy George & Culture Club.
    Read more