Satellite
  • Day 34

    Day 33 - Are We So Predictable?

    January 12, 2020 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    I think we are. We know what we like!

    We got up at the usual time, skipped breakfast, then took up our usual spot on the deckchairs outside Soul Kitchen. I went for my usual run, then went for our usual beach walk.

    Upon returning to Soul Kitchen, I walked towards the bar, when one of the three staff, called out “Big Water”. Exactly what we needed & usually got.

    We had a pre-lunch walk, before walking up into the restaurant, where the staff started giggling & presented us with our usual 2 large Changs. I ordered the Garlic Dhal Set, that won us over on our 1st ever visit & Jackie ordered Tempura Prawns & a naan bread. (She was suffering naan envy!).

    The GDS was as good as the 1st time & Jackie had a mountain of battered prawns so that she could hardly eat any of her naan. I had to assist in that department rendering me unable to order a dessert. The lunch was further washed down with our usual second large Chang.

    The afternoon was more walking, followed by a big water & once Happy Hour arrived, I headed to the bar & was given two small Chang, which we usually order. It was then ‘Same Same’ for two more, then we blindsided them by ordering Mangodaquiri each to end our last day in Khlong Nin Beach.

    We decided our final meal would be at MaMa’s Style, so it came as no surprise to find that it was closed for the night. It was an omen, we were supposed to eat in Soul Kitchen. I ordered Massaman curry for a final time & Jackie last minute chose chicken kebab & chips, which unexpectedly was wrapped in a Naan bread. We ended up having half each. As an unexpected bonus, I was now able to order the mango & sticky rice topped with coconut & sesame. Jackie was only going to have a mouth full, because she doesn’t really like it, but managed to eat half of it, then said we had eaten too much & should skip breakfast.

    We’ll see.

    Song of the Day - Soul Kitchen by The Doors.
    Read more