Satellite
  • Day 49 - Noisy Bird & Not Jackie!

    January 27, 2022 in Thailand ⋅ ⛅ 28 °C

    I was still awake at 4am, without any indication that I would have the night sweats again. A short while later I must have fallen asleep & the next thing I knew was that I woke up at 8.30am again AND the whole of my side of the absolutely drenched again. This is a concern particularly to Jackie.

    I felt absolutely fine, so after Jackie did her best to air the bed, we popped down to Pat for breakfast. Prematurely we ordered cheese & tuna respectively baguettes & a portion of french fries. We struggled.

    After breakfast we made arrangements through Pat to get a ferry & minibus back to Phuket in 7 days time. It was going to mean a 4am taxi & a 5am ferry, which will be nice, but it was a good price & we may yet see our 1st sunset on this trip.

    The highlight of the morning was conversing with the resident resort Myna bird. It is an extremely noisy bugger who is already become a bit annoying. I shoved my phone towards him & filmed some of his repertoire. I then suggested Jackie try & touch him & she nearly lost her finger.

    He obviously wasn’t happy because the moment Jackie got up from her sun bed, he flew over & shat on it not once, but twice. He clearly did give two shits!

    We avoided having any beer for lunch & spent the day in & out of the sun around the pool & reading. Our plan was for an early sunset tea, then cards on the balcony.

    At 6pm, we went next door to Crystal & unbelievably I was still not hungry. We sat at a table on the beach, where I got well & truly attacked by mosquitoes (I splatted about 8), whilst Jackie didn’t get bitten once!

    Jackie ordered a chicken salad & a strawberry mojito, whilst I ordered just a soda water. I had 2 mouthfuls of Jackie’s salad which was more than enough for me.

    We returned to the cottage & just chilled on our balcony with Hong Thongs & bottles of water.

    That night when we went to bed we were surprised that the cleaners hadn’t swapped the bed linen on my side of the bed for a paddling pool. Jackie was also threatening to go to bed in her mask & snorkel. I knew they’d come in handy!

    Song of the Day: No Rest by New Model Army.
    Read more