Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 12

    Day 12 - Camping Finally Sussed

    June 22, 2023 in Spain ⋅ 🌙 20 °C

    We both slept through until 8.30am & were up & busy by 9.30am. After coffee WE took our dirty laundry to the on-site washing machines. It cost €3.50 for a full load & the washing machine added all the required detergents.

    We had our artisan bread & jam for breakfast, then returned, well Jackie did, to collect our clean clothes, whilst I was busy taking our beach stuff to the beach. We then had a morning of sunbathing & walking up & down the beach. The beach I would describe as wild & rugged & pretty much almost perfect.

    On our walk we were accosted by Geoff a fellow camper who was curious to know what I had seen through my binoculars. (To give this some context, I was using my binoculars to watch what was a potential drugs bust by the local coastguard out in the bay the previous day). It ultimately appeared to be just a routine check.

    Anyway Geoff was then interrogated by Jackie & she established that he & his wife, Veronica, had been in northern Spain & Portugal for the last 5 weeks in an RV & had literally done our itinerary but in reverse. Geoff promised to provide us with a list of the campsites they had used on their trip.

    Lunch was back in the café veranda for a couple of ice cold ones. We were given complimentary Serrano ham rolls, but we also ordered some papas fritas to accompany our lunch.

    The afternoon was perfect. The sun stayed out & the beach got busier, but not too busy, with locals. We finally left the beach at 6.30pm.

    Jackie created a gorgeous Arabiata pasta & salad for dinner, whilst I remained on dolphin watch with a glass or two of white wine. I washed up. During dinner, Geoff kindly provided us with the promised list of campsites that they had stayed at on their trip.

    For both of us it was the perfect day.

    Song of the Day : A Perfect Day Elise by PJ Harvey.
    Read more