Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 11

    Day 11 - Paddling with Dolphins

    June 21, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☁️ 22 °C

    Hallelujah, a decent nights sleep for both of us. After breakfast we headed down to the beach which is literally on our doorstep for the first time. After checking all the options up & down the beach, we settled on a spot just below our tent. We pretty much decided there and then that this would be our spot for the next four days.

    We paddled out into the sea & wow, whilst we were knee deep, a pod of dolphins cruised past about 30 yards in front of us & actually put on a show of leaping out of the water. (It could have almost been an surreptitious midnight visit to Brighton Aquarium in the early eighties!!!). It was magical, but sadly I did not have a camera or phone with me or even with us on the beach. You’ll have to trust us that this is true!!

    Lunch consisted of a couple of ice cold large beers on the campsite cafe verandah, which was the perfect location looking out over the beach & bay. It was made even more perfect by the fact that the large beer cost just €3 & it came with complimentary nibbles, a bowl of green olives.

    The afternoon was spent on the beach, on dolphin watch to try & swim with them, but there was no hide or hair of them. At 6pm, we returned to camp & did what we vowed that we were not going to do……we got in the car and drove back to the Eroski supermarket in Muros. We bought a spare toothbrush, toothpaste, an apple danish, 2 litres of red wine & 14 litres of white wine, all for just under €30. We are not returning to the supermarket again.

    Dinner was more chill con carne with salad & Jackie’s garlic bread using the artisan bread left over from breakfast. After a couple of wines we hit the sack. All this sitting around in the sun doing absolutely nothing is exhausting!!!

    Song of the Day : Swim with the Dolphins by The Mission.
    Read more