Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 37

    Day 37 - Sad to be our Final Full Day

    July 17, 2023 in Spain ⋅ ☀️ 22 °C

    We woke up to our final full day in Spain, which felt quite sad. Not helped when I missed out an opportunity to work this coming weekend.

    After coffees and showers we lugged all our usual beach equipment down the hill to the beach for one final time. We did our best to make the most of our final rays of sunshine & our final lunch in the beach taverna - a mixed salad, gorgeous ham and cheese croquettes & supplemented with a couple sausages left over from the previous night.

    At 6pm we said a sad farewell to Lekeitio and it’s beach & lugged all our gear the 1.5 miles back up the hill. We treated ourselves to a beer at the top.

    That evening Jackie made bacon butties, then we packed up what we could. Whilst doing so we were approached by a couple of Dutch lesbians who we had said hello to previously. They were keen to know about our travels and the UK after Brexit. They were able to confirm that the Tour de France had actually passed along the road immediately outside our campsite. If only we could turn back time!

    We finished the evening with our final bottle of wine on Spanish soil looking out to sea & reminiscing on our trip.

    Song of the Day : Sad Song by Oasis.
    Read more