Satellite
Show on map
  • Day 47

    Villa La Angostera ➡️ Bariloche

    March 28 in Argentina ⋅ ☀️ 23 °C

    A bit of mixed day.

    Having found 2 bike boxes the previous evening, we thought it best to take them rather than gambling on finding some in Bariloche over the Easter weekend. Sadly this meant getting the bus for the final stretch along the lake to Bariloche, although we were quietly pleased to see it was quite a busy road so cycling wouldn’t have been as glorious as the previous day.

    Once in Bariloche, we collected our 10kg clothes box (shipped 6 weeks earlier from El chalten) and set about repacking it, ready to ship to the UK before the post office shut for the 6 day Easter holiday, only to find that the kg limit today was just 2kg, meaning we’d have to ship 5 separate packages at significant greater cost. Not worth it, and having spent 2 hours sorting we decided to enjoy rest of the day and that we’d take the box with us to Mendoza instead and sort once the easter holiday was over.

    From here, the day improved dramatically; we made it to Julian’s house had kindly leant it to us for our time in Bariloche. Hes an old family friend from Sussex, and you could tell his affinity to UK from a few photos of Firle and Alfriston on the walls to make us feel at home! He took us down to the nearest beach for the afternoon and then led us on a mad mtb bike ride around the local area, us very much struggling to keep up!

    He was off on a 4 day hike with his nephew the following day so cooked us all pizza for dinner. They arrived very late from BA, after an 18hr drive so we only met them briefly.
    Read more