Satellite
  • Day 118

    Phoenix, Arizona

    June 4, 2015 in the United States ⋅ ⛅ 34 °C

    It took just over three hours by greyhound bus to get from Flagstaff to Phoenix and I arrived at 3:30pm!

    On the journey i got to see some real cactus plants that US are normally famous for!

    I had booked into the Hi Hostel (being the cheapest) and arrived by taxi to find the hostel was located in the "burbs"! The hostel looked pretty cool thoigh with a bamboo hedge / screen and nice outdoor sitting areas and hammocks!

    Although when i went up the porch to check in everything was locked up! I webt around the back of the property to try and find some sort of human life and found three dudes playing ping pong! They were Matt & Dan from Melbourne and Finn with the aqua coloured hair from the UK! They told me the office didnt open until 5pm so i sat and chilled woth them until it opened!

    Once Keith had arrived, checked me in and showed me around... I was immediately hounded by Brien (from Wisconsin) and advised I would be eating with them at the hostel and he put the boys and I in charge of shucking corn!

    After a quick run down to the service station to buy beer we were quickly ordered back into the kitchen to help prepare dinner (similar to an Army boot camp exercise!)!

    We ended up cooking a masterpiece of crumbed chicken pieces on pasta with tomato sauce, cheese styled corn, roast potato broccolli and onion mix and a nice spinach salad! Not too bad for my first three hours in Phoenix!

    We ended up finishibg the rest of our beers outside in the beautiful desert heat and retired to bed!
    Read more